- Starch & SugarHow are they similar and different?
- Sneaky Swaps for Diabetes Meal PlansAn RD’s favorite calorie cuts
- Dear Diabetes: Are “Free Foods” Really Free?A discussion of “free foods” for people living with diabetes
- Exercise Without TryingSneaking physical activity into everyday life
- What I Didn’t Expect……while I was expecting
Relationships08/01/14D-Support Online & OffAn in-person support group meeting reinvigorates a d-blogger Via DiabetesaliciousnessLifestyle07/31/14Catching UpLaura K. catches up with Missy Foy, a d-advocate and ultra distance marathoner Via Discuss Diabetes People & Celebrities07/30/14 Demons & SuperheroesHow one d-advocate uses makeup to create diabetes-specific characters Via Diabetes ForecastDiabetes Basics07/23/14Taking the Challenge D-blogger Kim Vlasnik shares her experience taking part in a “Fakebetes Challenge” Via Texting my Pancreas Lifestyle07/24/14Above Cloud NineA d-blogger describes the thrill of flying solo Via SCOTTSDIABETESPeople & Celebrities07/29/14Pageant of AdvocacyA pageant winner uses her platform to educate others about diabetes Via DiabetesStopshereFood & Nutrition07/28/14Spice it Up? Via DiabetesMinePeople & Celebrities07/28/14A Drive to Compete Via DiabetesStopshere
Did You Know?
- There are some healthier dessert options out there for people with diabetes. One idea: no-sugar hot chocolate with cinnamon sprinkled on top.– via WebMD
- Processed cheese, also known as American cheese, can contain as many as three times the number of carbohydrates as unprocessed types.– via D Life
- To learn about clinical trials for diabetes research, visit the National Institutes of Health's Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet (www.diabetestrialnet.org).– via National Institutes of Health
- The GoMeals® mobile app for people with diabetes can help you find restaurants, look up nutritional information and track your daily eating habits.– via Go Meals
- There may be a link between gum disease and diabetes. That means people with diabetes should try to see the dentist regularly.– via Discuss Diabetes