- The DX Exclusive Recipe: Whole-Grain StuffingDiabetes-friendlier apple raisin stuffing with pecans
- Dear Diabetes: Frozen ShoulderUnderstanding “frozen shoulder”
- The DX Exclusive Recipe: Thanksgiving TurkeyLemon-Herb Roasted Turkey Breast with Pan Gravy
- Dear Diabetes: WeatherDoes the weather affect diabetes?
- A World of Blue!Blue Buildings Slideshow for World Diabetes Day
Diabetes Basics11/19/14Know Your A1CA new infographic about A1C basics Via Lifestyle11/14/14You Can Do AnythingGinger Vieira shares some motivating words for World Diabetes Day Via Diabetes Daily Food & Nutrition11/13/14 7 Steps to a Diabetes-Friendlier FridgeAn expert shares the benefits of having an organized fridge in life with diabetes Via A Sweet Life Relationships11/04/14Got Your BackA d-blogger meets an “angel” at the airport Via DiabetesliciousnessHealth & Fitness11/12/14New Resource: Exercising with DiabetesA new website aims to provide information about exercising with diabetes Via Diabetes Daily Diabetes Basics11/10/14Diabetes Awareness Month: Week 1A d-mom reflects on the first week of Diabetes Awareness Month Via D-momPeople & Celebrities11/13/14T1 Diabetes Challenge: Machu Picchu Via Lifestyle11/10/147 Years of D-Blogging Via Diabetesliciousness
Did You Know?
- There are three types of carbohydrates you should be aware of when tracking your diet: sugar, starch and fiber.– via Mayo Clinic
- The American Diabetes Association offers assistance to people who believe that they have been discriminated against because of their diabetes.– via American Diabetes Association
- Musicians Patti LaBelle, Aretha Franklin, Nick Jonas, and Tony Bennett all have diabetes.– via D Life
- Every 17 seconds, someone in the US is diagnosed with diabetes.– via Congressional Diabetes Caucus
- If you're overweight, losing just 5 to 10 percent of your body weight can make a difference in helping manage your blood sugar.– via Mayo Clinic