- Flourishing With DiabetesRiva Greenberg proposes a new mindset in life with diabetes
- Brunch5 Ways to make it diabetes-friendlier
- From the GardenConsider the joys of gardening & eating local
- Dear Diabetes: What is A1C?What is an A1C level?
- Welcome to The DXThe Diabetes Experience celebrates 2014
Diabetes Basics04/18/14Expert Readers?DOC member Catherine Price presents a case for what news organizations might gain by working closely with “patient experts” Via A sweet LifeFood & Nutrition04/17/14The Joy of VeggiesHow Kathryn Sheehan learned to love vegetables after a T2 diagnosis Via Lifestyle04/11/14D-Blogging Lessons D-blogger Kerri Sparling on what she wished she knew in 2005 when she began her blog Via Six Until MeRelationships04/08/14Thinking Outside the Easter BasketD-mom Leighann Calentine offers creative ideas for filling your child’s Easter basket Via D-momFood & Nutrition04/15/14A Healthful Favorite?Which new food is appearing on many Passover tables this year? Via New York TimesRelationships04/10/14Teens Talk Ten things that a group of teens living with T1 wished they could tell their parents Via DiaTribeHealth & Fitness04/16/14Support for the Educator Via Lifestyle04/08/14Positive Planning Via A sweet Life
Did You Know?
- To help avoid airport security delays, travel with a letter from your doctor that outlines the details of the medications and devices you need.– via University of Alabama Birmingham Comprehensive Diabetes Center
- Diabetes is one of the first diseases ever described; a mention of it was found on an Egyptian manuscript from c. 1500 BC.– via The Ebers Papyrus, Original research
- Musicians Patti LaBelle, Aretha Franklin, Nick Jonas, and Tony Bennett all have diabetes.– via D Life
- French artist Paul Cézanne, famous for his still life paintings, had diabetes.– via D Life
- Following an exercise program that includes both aerobic activity and strength training may help manage blood sugar levels more effectively than one type of exercise alone.– via National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse (NDIC)