- Jay Haapala’s Dreams Take Flight!A teen living with T1 works to become a career pilot
- Dear Diabetes: 'Best' Finger?Is there a ‘best’ finger for blood sugar testing?
- A Low-Carb Global BreakfastDiabetes-friendlier ideas from around the world
- Dear Diabetes: Diabetes and Hearing Loss?An RN looks at diabetes and the risk of hearing loss
- Coping With the Diabetes PoliceTips for helping those who want to help
Diabetes Basics08/29/14Around the D-BlogosphereA round-up of August’s noteworthy d-blog posts Via diabetesminePeople & Celebrities08/28/14Changing HabitsLaura K. touches base with d-dad Bennet Dunlap Via Health & Fitness08/27/14Cycling Training TipsA professional cyclist shares training tips for those who may participate in cycling events Via DiabetesStopshereLifestyle08/19/14Acclimating With DiabetesA new purchase reminds a d-blogger of her life with diabetes Via diabetesaliciousnessFood & Nutrition08/15/14Tips for Diabetes-Friendly MealsSeven ideas to make delicious meals while managing type 2 diabetes Via WebMDDiabetes Basics08/25/14Diabetes Adventures on Vacation A d-blogger looks back on a much-needed vacation Via A Sweet Life Food & Nutrition08/13/14Recipe: Low-Carb Butter Nut Cookies Via Diabetes Daily Diabetes Basics08/20/14The New “Truth About Stacey” Via Six Until Me
Did You Know?
- The American Diabetes Association offers assistance to people who believe that they have been discriminated against because of their diabetes.– via American Diabetes Association
- For people with type 2 diabetes, even short spurts of exercise may help improve blood sugar levels.– via Endocrine Society
- There are some healthier dessert options out there for people with diabetes. One idea: no-sugar hot chocolate with cinnamon sprinkled on top.– via WebMD
- There are three types of carbohydrates you should be aware of when tracking your diet: sugar, starch and fiber.– via Mayo Clinic
- Musicians Patti LaBelle, Aretha Franklin, Nick Jonas, and Tony Bennett all have diabetes.– via D Life