- 5 Tips for BrunchWays to make it diabetes-friendlier
- Dear Diabetes: Diabetes and Oral HealthAn RN discusses gum disease and living with diabetes
- The Bacteria BasicsAn RD discusses prebiotics, probiotics & diabetes
- Dear Diabetes: It’s ComplicatedJuggling the many factors that affect daily highs and lows
- Dear Diabetes: Sugar-FreeWhat does sugar-free mean?
Food & Nutrition02/27/15 Pump It Up RecipesA healthful twist on some favorite dishes Via Diabetes Forecast Relationships02/23/15I Love Someone with DiabetesSara White on her life as a nursing assistant who lives with diabetes Via DiabetesStopsHereFood & Nutrition02/27/1550 Shades of Nutrition D-author Catherine Price compares diabetes to the history of nutrition Via A Sweet Life Lifestyle02/12/15Changes at TuDiabetes Via Scott's DiabetesDiabetes Basics02/18/15Diabetes Supply Cases Worth Carrying Via A Sweet Life People & Celebrities02/10/15Cameron's StoryCameron Nichols fulfills his dream of becoming a firefighter Via DiabetesStopsHereFood & Nutrition02/27/15Low-Carb Flour AlternativesCarolyn Ketchum shares low-carb ingredients for baking Via A Sweet Life Health & Fitness02/17/15Hypoglycemia: Many Uncertain of How to ManageA diabetes educator discusses the results of a new survey about hypoglycemia Via
Did You Know?
- The American Diabetes Association was founded in 1940 to address the increasing incidence of the disease.– via American Diabetes Association
- To help avoid airport security delays, travel with a letter from your doctor that outlines the details of the medications and devices you need.– via University of Alabama Birmingham Comprehensive Diabetes Center
- Government statistics project that one in three people born in 2000 will develop diabetes.– via Congressional Diabetes Caucus
- Winter Olympian Kris Freeman, a cross country skiier, is believed to be the first athlete with type 1 diabetes to compete at a world-class level in an endurance sport.– via American Diabetes Association
- Disaster preparedness takes on new meaning when you have diabetes. Make sure you have a plan in place and an emergency toolkit at hand with at least 3 days worth of your diabetes supplies.– via Discuss Diabetes