- Sit Down and Move!Tips for how to exercise from your chair
- Diabetes & the Doctor’s AppointmentTips to help your healthcare provider help you
- Life With Diabetes: The Golden YearsWhat do you see when you look into your retirement future?
- Tips for Eating Your GreensWays to enjoy fresh, flavorful leafy greens
- Understanding Diabetes ResearchConfused by diabetes studies? You’re not alone
Health & Fitness07/21/14Shall We Dance?A grassroots initiative helps people get active, learn about diabetes and have fun Via People & Celebrities07/18/14Wearing It With PrideDuring a swimsuit competition, Miss Idaho showed off her bikini – and her insulin pump Via NPR Lifestyle07/21/14A D-Friendly DestinationA DOC member shares her new favorite vacation destination Via A Sweet Life People & Celebrities07/14/14Winners Announced! Via DiabetesMineFood & Nutrition07/17/14Summer Salad Via Diabetes Daily Food & Nutrition07/18/14Food Label Debate A former head of the FDA calls for stronger U.S. food labeling changes Via Reuters Relationships07/17/14Growing D-SupportHow gardening helped a wife support her husband after his diagnosis Via Lifestyle07/18/14Jump Start! How one man living with type 1 diabetes found his passion later in life Via A Sweet LIfe
Did You Know?
- Winter Olympian Kris Freeman, a cross country skiier, is believed to be the first athlete with type 1 diabetes to compete at a world-class level in an endurance sport.– via American Diabetes Association
- Following an exercise program that includes both aerobic activity and strength training may help manage blood sugar levels more effectively than one type of exercise alone.– via National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse (NDIC)
- There may be a link between gum disease and diabetes. That means people with diabetes should try to see the dentist regularly.– via Discuss Diabetes
- The American Diabetes Association offers assistance to people who believe that they have been discriminated against because of their diabetes.– via American Diabetes Association
- The International Diabetes Federation has written a charter of rights for people with diabetes and you can download it at idf.org.– via International Diabetes Federation