- A Diabetes Reading ListKerri Sparling shares some bookshelf suggestions for fall
- Exercise Without TryingSneaking physical activity into everyday life
- Flourishing With DiabetesRiva Greenberg proposes a new mindset in life with diabetes
- The DX Diabetes Dish: James SamsonA professional dancer diagnosed with T1 as an adult
- Dear Diabetes: What is Diabetic Neuropathy?Dear Diabetes: What is diabetic neuropathy?
People & Celebrities10/21/14How I Sailed to New Zealand With T1A writer living with T1 describes a dream journey she took with her family Via A Sweet Life Diabetes Basics10/20/14Living With LADAIn recognition of LADA Awareness Week, read how one woman found support in the DOC after her LADA diagnosis Via Lifestyle10/15/147 Tips For Diabetes and the Workplace A young professional living with T1 shares tips for taking diabetes to work Via A Sweet Life Diabetes Basics10/14/14Marjorie’s 15 MinutesD-blogger and artist Jennifer Jacobs honors an important part of diabetes research history Via A Sweet Life Food & Nutrition10/08/14Diabetes Memory: Food Prep FlashbackA moment in the kitchen sparks a childhood memory Via diabetesdeliciousnessLifestyle10/13/1415+ Non-Candy Ideas for HalloweenA d-mom shares unique ideas for Halloween Via D-momPeople & Celebrities10/15/14Baseball with Diabetes: A D-Mom Pitches in Via Lifestyle10/10/14From College to Regular Life With Diabetes Via Diabetesmine
Did You Know?
- To help avoid airport security delays, travel with a letter from your doctor that outlines the details of the medications and devices you need.– via University of Alabama Birmingham Comprehensive Diabetes Center
- There may be a link between gum disease and diabetes. That means people with diabetes should try to see the dentist regularly.– via Discuss Diabetes
- People with diabetes may improve their long-term health by incorporating online tools and support into their healthcare plan.– via American Diabetes Association
- You can support the diabetes community by encouraging your Congressional representatives to take action to support funding, programs, and legislation for those living with diabetes.– via American Diabetes Association
- Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in 2008, two years after he was selected in the NFL draft.– via American Diabetes Association