- A Diabetes Reading ListKerri Sparling shares some bookshelf suggestions
- 5 Tips for Caribbean FoodWays to make it diabetes-friendlier
- Dear Diabetes: Will My Insulin Dose Change?Understanding the factors that may affect your treatment dose
- The DX Diabetes Dish: Chaka KhanGrammy Award–winning singer on love and living with T2
- Dear Diabetes: Insulin-Resistance Diet?What is an insulin-resistance diet?
Relationships02/23/15I Love Someone with DiabetesSara White on her life as a nursing assistant who lives with diabetes Via DiabetesStopsHereDiabetes Basics02/18/15Diabetes Supply Cases Worth CarryingTips to enhance your diabetes supply case Via A Sweet Life People & Celebrities02/10/15Cameron's StoryCameron Nichols fulfills his dream of becoming a firefighter Via DiabetesStopsHereFood & Nutrition02/09/15Spinach and Mushroom FrittataKerri Sparling tries out a low-carb recipe Via SixuntilmeLifestyle02/12/15Changes at TuDiabetesScott K. Johnson dishes on the changes to the popular online diabetes community Via Scott's DiabetesHealth & Fitness02/17/15Hypoglycemia: Many Uncertain of How to ManageA diabetes educator discusses the results of a new survey about hypoglycemia Via Diabetes Basics02/04/15Eat First, Explain Later Via DiabetesliciousnessHealth & Fitness01/28/15Workplace Diabetes Programs Via Healio
Did You Know?
- To help avoid airport security delays, travel with a letter from your doctor that outlines the details of the medications and devices you need.– via University of Alabama Birmingham Comprehensive Diabetes Center
- Government statistics project that one in three people born in 2000 will develop diabetes.– via Congressional Diabetes Caucus
- Scientists have identified nearly 50 genes or gene regions associated with type 1 diabetes.– via National Institutes of Health
- Trying to lose weight? One hour of shopping and 15 minutes of trying on clothes can burn around 190 calories.– via WebMD
- Members of the American Diabetes Association's free online Living With Type 2 Diabetes Program receive recipes, symptom-management tools, and access to an online community.– via American Diabetes Association