- The Bacteria BasicsAn RD discusses prebiotics, probiotics & diabetes
- Dear Diabetes: It’s ComplicatedJuggling the many factors that affect daily highs and lows
- Dear Diabetes: Sugar-FreeWhat does sugar-free mean?
- A Diabetes Reading ListKerri Sparling shares some bookshelf suggestions
- 5 Tips for Caribbean FoodWays to make it diabetes-friendlier
Food & Nutrition02/27/15 Pump It Up RecipesA healthful twist on some favorite dishes Via Diabetes Forecast Relationships02/23/15I Love Someone with DiabetesSara White on her life as a nursing assistant who lives with diabetes Via DiabetesStopsHereFood & Nutrition02/27/1550 Shades of Nutrition D-author Catherine Price compares diabetes to the history of nutrition Via A Sweet Life Lifestyle02/12/15Changes at TuDiabetes Via Scott's DiabetesDiabetes Basics02/18/15Diabetes Supply Cases Worth Carrying Via A Sweet Life People & Celebrities02/10/15Cameron's StoryCameron Nichols fulfills his dream of becoming a firefighter Via DiabetesStopsHereFood & Nutrition02/27/15Low-Carb Flour AlternativesCarolyn Ketchum shares low-carb ingredients for baking Via A Sweet Life Health & Fitness02/17/15Hypoglycemia: Many Uncertain of How to ManageA diabetes educator discusses the results of a new survey about hypoglycemia Via
Did You Know?
- Stress, anxiety and depression can all trigger hunger that is not based on physicial needs.– via Joslin
- Global healthcare spending on diabetes was $378 billion in 2010, projected to rise to $490 billion by 2030.– via International Diabetes Federation
- There are three types of carbohydrates you should be aware of when tracking your diet: sugar, starch and fiber.– via Mayo Clinic
- Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in 2008, two years after he was selected in the NFL draft.– via American Diabetes Association
- The American Diabetes Association was founded in 1940 to address the increasing incidence of the disease.– via American Diabetes Association