- A Diabetes Reading ListKerri Sparling shares some bookshelf suggestions
- 5 Tips for Caribbean FoodWays to make it diabetes-friendlier
- Dear Diabetes: Will My Insulin Dose Change?Understanding the factors that may affect your treatment dose
- The DX Diabetes Dish: Chaka KhanGrammy Award–winning singer on love and living with T2
- Dear Diabetes: Insulin-Resistance Diet?What is an insulin-resistance diet?
Food & Nutrition02/27/15 Pump It Up RecipesA healthful twist on some favorite dishes Via Diabetes Forecast Relationships02/23/15I Love Someone with DiabetesSara White on her life as a nursing assistant who lives with diabetes Via DiabetesStopsHereFood & Nutrition02/27/1550 Shades of Nutrition D-author Catherine Price compares diabetes to the history of nutrition Via A Sweet Life Lifestyle02/12/15Changes at TuDiabetes Via Scott's DiabetesDiabetes Basics02/18/15Diabetes Supply Cases Worth Carrying Via A Sweet Life People & Celebrities02/10/15Cameron's StoryCameron Nichols fulfills his dream of becoming a firefighter Via DiabetesStopsHereFood & Nutrition02/27/15Low-Carb Flour AlternativesCarolyn Ketchum shares low-carb ingredients for baking Via A Sweet Life Health & Fitness02/17/15Hypoglycemia: Many Uncertain of How to ManageA diabetes educator discusses the results of a new survey about hypoglycemia Via
Did You Know?
- Global healthcare spending on diabetes was $378 billion in 2010, projected to rise to $490 billion by 2030.– via International Diabetes Federation
- Diabetes is one of the first diseases ever described; a mention of it was found on an Egyptian manuscript from c. 1500 BC.– via The Ebers Papyrus, Original research
- Winter Olympian Kris Freeman, a cross country skiier, is believed to be the first athlete with type 1 diabetes to compete at a world-class level in an endurance sport.– via American Diabetes Association
- Each state has specific laws about issuing a drivers license to a person with diabetes. Do you know what your state requires?– via American Diabetes Association
- French artist Paul Cézanne, famous for his still life paintings, had diabetes.– via D Life